Certified WSET Courses with Adventure in Wine
Adventure in Wine's fabulous Wine and Spirits Education Trust Certified classes are now in Boise, Idaho!The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is an extremely popular course. It will teach you about the key grape varieties that are grown around the world, the different styles of wine and the production of spirits and liqueurs. It will also expand on the Systematic Approach to Wine Tasting that we introduced in Level 1. This course is a fantastic introduction to the world of international wines and spirits and is suitable for beginners as well as those who already have some wine knowledge.
Who should take this Course
- You are a wine enthusiast who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and wants to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification
- You are employed in the drinks and hospitality industries and have little prior knowledge of alcoholic beverages in general and international wines in particular
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is not required to take this course. However, you should have a good base knowledge of wine before registering for WSET Level 2.
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet wines and fortified wines
- Spirits and liqueurs
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- Tasting of over 50 wines throughout the course
Assessment and CertificationAssessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
ScheduleSeries of 8 classes on consecutive Mondays occuring from September 24th- November 17th. Final review and exam will be help on Monday the 26th. All classes and exam run 6:30-8:30pm.
Course Fee: $825Includes course book, study guide, Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® Level 2 laminated grid, wine, instruction, exam and certificate and lapel pin upon successful completion
Tasting GlassesYou will be required to bring your own glassware to class. A great tasting glass is an extremely important tool, and Schott Zwiesel glasses are available for purchase (6 glasses for $50). Glasses will be delivered to you at the first class.
Mondays, Sept. 24- Nov.26th (no class the 19th)
House of Wine, 1674 W. Hill Road, Suite 11
Boise, ID 83702